Our projects and foundation
ETHNO is an international program for folk and traditional music from around the world that works with young musicians aged 16-30. Founded in 1990 in Falun, Sweden, ETHNO’s mission is to revive, strengthen and spread our global traditional musical heritage. Today, ETNO is represented in over 40 countries by holding a series of annual international music camps, seminars and concerts that embrace peace, tolerance and understanding.
World Fest is a festival organized by the Outhentic Foundation and is an ambassador for cultural diversity. The...
Outhentic Foundation is an independent non-governmental organization incorporated for public benefit. It is focused on preserving, distributing and promoting world music and folklore, traditions both in Bulgaria and abroad. Its purpose is to advance the process of building spiritual values and enrichment of young people’s musical culture.
Mission and values
- to present world music and traditions in an accessible and attractive way that can be easily understood and appreciated by young audiences;
- to spread world music and traditions
- to promote and validate spiritual values, education and musical culture by sharing knowledge and experience;
- to encourage the development of young talents by supporting children and young people with outstanding musical abilities;
- to assist and support disadvantaged children and young people.
- to preserve and promote the world music, values and traditions;
- to participate and/or support the process of organizing and holding joint cultural events with Bulgarian and international formations;
- to hold and/or support the holding of national and international training sessions in the field of music and education as well as the carrying out of workshops, seminars, discussions and lectures on musical topics;
- to assist and support the level of education and culture of the younger generations in Bulgaria and abroad;
- to render assistance to cultural and social institutions in the implementation of their cultural events having musical focus;
- to form such attitudes towards folk/world music and traditions among children and younger generations which can result in modelling dignified behaviour in respect of traditions and social commitment;
- to encourage and support children and young people to educate themselves, to develop their talents and gifts, and to use their abilities.